Sleep is a naturally recurring state characterized by reduced or lacking consciousness, relatively suspended sensory activity, and inactivity of nearly all voluntary muscles. Hmh..take from other site. Kinda bit required effort to understand what it’s trying to explain. Hehe..
In other word, we die temporarily. Some say our soul get out from the body and wandering in the world (which one of causes of dreams).
Dunno either it’s true or not. What important is..we all need enough sleep for enough rest.
A University of California, San Diego psychiatry study of more than one million adults found that people who live the longest self-report sleeping for six to seven hours each night. (Wikipedia). So, how long you sleep everyday. Average?
I’m about 9 hours. Hehe..but some of us might capable to having longer total sleeping hours. Hmh..that suppose to cheer about or what? Or some of you wanna know how to do that? Haha.. That questions, you may ask to my room-mate. Emm..he is kinda..gud at it? Haha~
Age and condition vs Average amount of sleep per day (Wikipedia)
Newborn up to 18 hours
1–12 months 14–18 hours
1–3 years 12–15 hours
3–5 years 11–13 hours
5–12 years 9–11 hours
Adolescents 9–10 hours
Adults, including elderly 7–8 hours
Pregnant women 8(+) hours
Even though we supposed to have around 7-8 hours of sleep, some might find that, it’s hard to be achieved. Who do you think often said that?
It’s not it’s can’t be achieved..it’s possible but they lifestyle contributing that. Last minutes of studying, completing assignments, and lots of last minutes. Pfft..feel like talking in front of mirror.
Hm..but think it’s over again. Students actually achieved the hours required (if they less hour sleeping) in somewhere in the hour everyday. Yes, students achieved it by sleeping in the class or lecture hours. Haha.. Who’s fault is that huh? THINK!
HOWEVER, there are also some people can’t sleep on time or can’t at all. There’s term for that. It’s called insomnia. Insomnia is difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep, or having non-refreshing sleep for at least 1 month.
What is the causes, incidence, and risk factors?
Primary insomnia refers to insomnia that is not caused by any known physical or mental condition. Insomnia is caused by many things.
The most common causes of insomnia are:
1. Alcohol (Errr…)
3. Coffee (Opps..this the reason for mine rite now)
4. Stress (Have written about this before. Just knew that one of the reason of insomnia)
5. Medical condition (Dunno)
6. Depression. (Often, insomnia is the symptom that causes people with depression to seek medical help)
1. Difficulty falling asleep on most nights
2. Feeling tired during the day or falling asleep during the day
3. Not feeling refreshed when you wake up
4. Waking up several times during sleep
1. Sleep only when sleepy – This reduces the time you are awake in bed.
2. Don’t take naps – Will ensure that you are tired at bedtime
3. Get up and go to bed the same time every day – regular rhythm, you will feel better
4. Only use your bed for sleeping – So, when you go to bed, your body knows it is time to sleep
5. Take a hot bath 90 minutes before bedtime – Will raise your body temperature, but it is the drop in body temperature that may leave you feeling sleepy
6. If you can’t fall asleep within 20 minutes, get up and do something boring until you feel sleepy
7. Refrain from exercise at least 4 hours before bedtime
Found myself sleepy already. Nite~ Hope you can sleep.