Woot2.. Sensitive topic to be discuss for some people. But just some isn’t? So, wanna write just a bit bout it.
Smoking is one of the worst things kids or adults can do to their bodies. There have been lot of efforts been done by government and lot of other parties. Still, people are smoking. Smoking is actually all is about tobacco is burned and the vapors either tasted or inhaled who we called as smoker.
However, just few people are smoking, such as:
Middle school students — only about 1 in 16 does
High school students — about 1 in 5 does
The practice began as early as 5000–3000 BC. Many civilizations burnt incense during religious rituals, which was later adopted for pleasure or as a social tool and religious ceremonies. Tobacco was introduced to Eurasia in the late 16th century where it followed common trade routes. The substance was met with frequent criticism, but became popular nonetheless.
There’s more than just one simple answer. It’s better for you to ask the question to those who smoking. Usually you will find various of answers. Some kids may start smoking just because they’re curious meanwhile so others may like the idea of doing something dangerous. Still others might think it’s a way to act or look like an adult. If it’s so, I will keep my way of life…being bit childish. hehe..or it’s a lot? Whateva.
Fortunately, fewer people are starting smoking than a few years ago. What the reasons heh?
1. They had realized that smoking bad for health. (Both who smoking & people surround him)
2. Ha..cost for smoking is high..due government had imposed high tax
3. They already feel the advantages of smoking especially to the heart? hehe
4. Died. Woops..sorry.
1. Bad breath
2. Yellow teeth
3. Smelly clothes
4. Colds and coughs
5. Difficulty keeping up with friends when playing sports
6. Empty wallet. Hehe~like this
There are lot of effects but just these three (3) that I’ve fully understand. Hehe..well, I’m not into the science stream.
1. Nicotine – reaches the brain within 10 seconds after smoke is inhaled beside every part of the body + breast milk.
2. Carbon monoxide – binds to hemoglobin in red blood cells. Thus, preventing affected cells from carrying a full load of oxygen.
3. Cancer-causing agents (carcinogens) – Damage important genes that control the growth of cells causing them to grow abnormally or to reproduce too rapidly.
From 1st January 2010, the cheapest pack of 20’s would cost RM6.40. So, a stick of cigarette is RM0.32. Those branded cigarette like Dunhill, Malboro, Winston, Mild Seven, Salem would cost RM9.xx per pack. Wau..in the end those just to be burn. Hehe.. This is because 45% to 50% of the retail price are tax.
Oh2..who said smoking is all about bad things? Nope2..there are merit on smoking. Just will list the top 2.
1. Definitely dun die coz of aging or any health problems due to old coz…hehe~
2. Look macho + adult (Is it?)
I dunno for you, but I think it’s better for those who smoking to quit smoking as soon as possible which is right now! Come on dude, what are you waiting to quiting smoking? I know already that it is not easy to quit smoking..but everything has solution such as find money to buy a pack of cigarette when you have little sum of money. Hehe~
If you mad at me right now coz I’m saying those thing that you think I’ve insult you..sorry in advance. Just being a concern guy. I perfectly sure that your parents does too. Their son or daughter is smoking and they are crystal clear that it’s definitely bad for your health.
Ways to quit
1. Set a Date to Quit Smoking
2. Expect to Feel Miserable
3. Remove Smoking Triggers
4. Try Nicotine Replacements
Ask About Drugs Approved by the FDA for Helping Smokers Quit
6. Get Support or Counseling
Some facts said that only 20% chance to quit smoking. However, it’s just percentage from previous data. You will create new data.. Nothing impossible. You are not the previous..if the 20% is real..why dun be one in the 20%? If u afraid to not in the success list, dun even think to start smoking.
Hope that what i wrote here goes trough your eyes, brain and heart just like smoke from ciggarates does. Hehe~